Chicken Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- Cranberries 400 g
- Honey 2 table. spoons
- Orange 1 pc.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Oil (olive, sunflower) 2 table. spoons
- Key Ingredients
- Portion 3-4
Inventory:Grater, Plate, Stewpan, Culinary spatula, Juicer, Knife, Cutting board, Bowl, Spoon
Cooking Cranberry Chicken Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Let's start with the main thing - which cranberries do you use? If frozen, then it needs to be thawed before cooking, and then thoroughly rinse the berries with warm running water, selecting the crushed ones. The same applies to fresh cranberries. The orange also needs to be washed, then peeled and set aside, it will also be useful to us. Squeeze the juice out of the pulp using a juicer or strong hands. And from the peel we make the zest, with the help of a fine grater. We don’t need the whole zest, so the rest can be used for other dishes. Wash the onion, peel and chop finely and finely. Be afraid that it will be bitter - take a red onion, it is perfect. The ingredients are ready, now let's start the main process.
Step 2: Cooking Cranberry SauceTake a stewpan, if you do not have it, take a deep frying pan or saucepan. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped onion in it. 5 minutes is enough for its readiness. And then add cranberries, honey and zest with juice to the stewpan. Add the zest to your liking, about 2-3 tablespoons. We mix the sauce with a culinary spatula, reduce the heat, and cover the saucepan. We prepare the sauce for 20 minutes, then turn off the hotplate, and cool the sauce before serving, putting it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Step 3: Serve Cranberry Sauce.This sauce will perfectly emphasize the taste of chicken and other meat dishes. By the way, turkey with cranberry sauce is a symbol of Thanksgiving in America. Serve cranberry sauce in a gravy boat along with the main course. You can decorate it with a sprig of greenery. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add in the sauce of spices - black pepper, nutmeg, garlic.
- - In the recipe above, the sauce will turn out to be heterogeneous - some berries will remain whole, and most will fall apart. If you want a uniform, liquid sauce, grind cranberries in a blender before cooking.
- - If you do not like honey, you can replace it with sugar.
- - Cranberry sauce is well suited as a kind of jam for white bread or croutons.
- - You can chop the orange in a blender - then we get a mixture of juice and zest, which we add to the sauce.
- - If the liquid from the stewpan boils quickly, you can add juice or water.
- - You can vary the number of ingredients to change the taste to a sweeter or more sour, sugar or honey and cranberries, respectively.