Ingredients for making babaganush
- Medium-sized eggplant 3 pieces
- 1 medium lemon
- Olive oil 50 milliliters
- Spice coriander dry 2 grams
- Purified water 20 milliliters
- Large garlic 1 clove
- White sesame 100 grams
- Fresh cilantro 40 grams
- Small hot chilli pepper 1 piece
- Sea salt 4 grams
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Fork, Kitchen paper towels, Baking sheet, Oven, Table spoon, Small bowl, Hand mortar with pestle, Plate, Cutting board, Knife, Saucer - 3 pieces, Blender, Middle bowl, Sauce bowl or deep bowl, Kitchen gloves, Colander or strainer, Manual juicer
Step 1: prepare the eggplant.First of all, we wash the eggplants well under running warm water and then wipe the ingredient dry with kitchen paper towels. Attention: the tail of the vegetable does not need to be cut. Now, using an ordinary fork, we chop eggplant on all sides so that they do not burst during baking. Spread the component on a baking sheet and put in a preheated oven to temperature 220 ° C prepare for 20 minutes. After the allotted time, we take out the baking sheet with the help of kitchen tacks, and we put the eggplants with a fork on a cutting board and set aside to cool to a warm state. Now cut the ingredient on one side along the fruit and unfold the vegetable so that it is convenient to scrape the pulp out of it. But we will do this procedure with the help of a tablespoon and after that - immediately transfer the eggplant pulp to a sieve or colander, which we will put in a small bowl in advance. As soon as all the flesh of the component is in the inventory, set it aside so that excess liquid can drain from it. After that, we either transfer the peeled component to the medium bowl and knead it thoroughly with a fork, or put it into the blender bowl and grind it at medium speed to a puree state.
Step 2: prepare the cilantro.
Step 3: prepare the garlic.Using a knife, peel the clove of garlic from the husk and then - slightly rinse the ingredient under running water. Then - put the vegetable on a cutting board and, using the same sharp improvised stock, chop the garlic finely. Shredded component is transferred to a clean saucer.
Step 4: prepare the coriander.
Step 5: Prepare Chili PeppersWe wash the chili pepper under running water and after - put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we grind only a quarter of this component, since the vegetable is very sharp and this can ruin the taste of the dish. Shred finely chopped pepper in a clean saucer.
Step 6: prepare the lemon.To begin with, we wash the lemon under running warm water and after that we transfer the ingredient to the cutting board. Using a knife, cut the citrus into two halves. And to squeeze juice out of the component, we use a manual juicer.
Step 7: prepare the sesame seeds.
Step 8: prepare babaganush.So, from the bowl to the blender bowl we transfer the eggplants and after - add to them a mixture of coriander with salt, chopped chili pepper, freshly squeezed lemon juice and the remaining olive oil. Now, at medium speed, whip all the components until smooth. Then, add the tahini paste to the mixture and beat everything again until a homogeneous mass is formed. At the end, pour the crushed cilantro into the blender bowl and again whisk everything at medium speed until smooth.
Step 9: serving babaganush.As soon as the babaganush is ready, with the help of a spoon we transfer it from the blender's bowl to a bowl or saucepan and can serve it to the table. But you can treat your friends with such a dish along with toast, flat cakes and even boiled vegetables. Babaganush is a real oriental dish, without which not a single feast can do. Babaganush is also called appetizer-meze. The dish turns out to be very tender, aromatic and with delicate piquant spiciness. This appetizer reminds us of our favorite eggplant caviar in terms of cooking technology and taste, but thanks to components such as olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and sesame paste, babaganusha has its own zest, which gives the dish an unusual taste and light, almost white color. Good appetite!
- - Hot chili peppers should be added to the dish with extreme caution, as this vegetable is very spicy and can ruin the taste of the snack. In addition, it is not recommended to add it if the tasters are people with a weak stomach.
- - For the preparation of babaganush it is necessary to use ripe fresh eggplant. For this, first of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the weight of the vegetable. In the hands of eggplant you should seem harder than visually. There should not be any dents or stains on the peel of the vegetable. But in some varieties of eggplant there may be stripes or specks. This is normal and you should not pay special attention to it. The peel, in turn, in the light should be smooth and shiny without wrinkles and dents.
- - You can store an oriental snack in a refrigerator in a clean glass jar with a tightly closed nylon lid, but no more than three or four days.