Ingredients for Making Pork Ribs with Chinese BBQ Sauce
- Pork ribs (whole, uncut) 1 kg
- Sunflower oil 100 ml
- Light soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- Coriander 1 teaspoon
- Dried chili pepper mixture of 2 pcs.
- Tamarind paste 1 tablespoon
- Corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Fresh orange 1 piece
- Lemon 1 piece
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Dark rice vinegar 3 tablespoons
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Brown sugar 1 teaspoon
- Chinese seasoning "5 spices" 1 teaspoon
- Salt at its discretion
- Ground black pepper at your discretion
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Thick plastic bag, Refrigerator, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Oven, Cutlery, Serving plate or portion plates
Cooking pork ribs with Chinese barbecue sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the ribs and cook the marinade.Ribs must be bought the freshest and without a lot of fat. They must be thoroughly washed under running water and remove all excess fat, as well as the film, which is located on their inner side. Next, put them on a kitchen paper towel so that excess water is gone. In a separate bowl we make marinade: mix sunflower oil, squeeze juice from a whole lemon and add to the bowl, put soy sauce, coriander, dried chili and black pepper. It is best to grind pepper immediately before use, so that the aroma is the freshest. Then add large table salt, mix everything. We coat our ribs on all sides with a marinade. Do not spare him, then our ribs will turn out to be moderately juicy and incredibly tasty. When they were coated put in a plastic bag and send to the refrigerator for good pickling overnight.
Step 2: Cook the glaze for the ribs.
Step 3: Fry the ribs.If we grill over an open fire, then immediately spread the ribs. If in the oven, then we heat it up to 200 degrees, put the ribs with the grill, pre-covered with foil in the middle of the oven. At the bottom we must put a special pan or put a baking sheet at the very bottom and pour water there so that the fat does not burn. Cook for about 10 minutes, at this time we turn the ribs twice. After that, we coat the ribs with glaze, reduce the fire to 150 degrees and drown another 20 minutesturning over and glazing occasionally.
Step 4: Serve the pork ribs with Chinese barbecue sauce.We lay the finished ribs on a serving dish or on serving plates, several each. Any dish is suitable as a side dish. I love to eat with boiled vegetables or just with green leaves. Good appetite!
- - If you bake the ribs at a temperature of 150 degrees, they will cook, they will be longer, but they will turn out soft. If you increase the temperature, then the cooking time will be reduced, and they turn out to be more elastic and harsh.
- - The same ribs can be prepared not only from pork, you can cook lamb or beef ribs.
- - This dish can be heated in the microwave for several minutes at medium power, or in the oven at 150 degrees, also for several minutes.