Ingredients for making Tokash
- Premium wheat flour 4 cups.
- Dry yeast 10 grams.
- Boiled water at room temperature 1.5-2 cups.
- Vegetable oil for lubrication.
- Salt to taste.
- Main ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineKazakh cuisine
Inventory:Sieve, Bowl, Towel, Fork, Frying pan, Oven
Step 1: knead the dough.Sift flour with a sieve onto a work surface in the form of a slide. We make a depression in the flour, pour water there, add salt and yeast. Knead the sour dough with your hands. We shift the dough into a bowl, cover it with a towel and leave it at room temperature, or even better in a warm place on 10-15 minutesto make the dough rise.
Step 2: Cooking Tokash.We divide the dough with our hands into 4, approximately equal parts. We dip each part in flour and form a cake with our hands. In the middle of the tortilla we make a small depression with our fingers and around it with several fork taps. Lubricate the pan with vegetable oil. Spread prepared cakes on it and bake in preheated 180 degrees oven until cooked about 20 minutes.
Step 3: serve tokash.Tokash is served chilled as an independent dish or to any hot dish instead of bread. Enjoy your meal!
- - There is a second way to cook tokash - boil the prepared cake in a pan with boiling water, and then brown in a pan in the oven.
- - To try the first time tokash, you can cook a small portion of 160 grams of flour, respectively reducing the remaining ingredients.
- - The cake can be formed not with your hands, but not rolled out with a rolling pin.