Ingredients for Making Moroccan Braised Beef Tagine
- Beef (tenderloin) 500 gr.
- Chickpeas 2 handfuls (can be seen with ordinary peas)
- Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion 3 pcs (take shallow)
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Carrot 2 pcs (medium size)
- Olives 7 pcs
- Bulgarian pepper 2 pcs
- Cherry Tomatoes 5 pcs (can be omitted, optional)
- Water 1 / 3-1 / 2 cup
- Spices (Moroccan or any available) to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying (can be replaced with a small amount of animal fat) to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Beef, Peas
- Serving 5 servings
- World cuisineAbkhaz cuisine
Inventory:Tajine, Knife, Cutting board, Sieve, Measuring cup
Cooking Moroccan beef stew from beef:
Step 1: Soak the peas.Rinse chickpeas (Turkish peas) or regular peas in running water and soak. As dishes, use the dish in which you will directly cook. So you will immediately see how much space this ingredient will take, take into account the fact that it will increase by 2 times. Add soda and mix. Pour water so that it covers the chickpeas by 2 cm.
Step 2: Cook the beef.
Step 3: Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Step 4: Lay the dish.We take the tazhin and spread the chickpeas, then pieces of meat with onions and garlic. Sprinkle well with spices. Next, lay the carrot slices and olives. On top, beautifully spread the Bulgarian pepper and tomatoes. Salt. Pour all the water. Consider one factor: the more vegetables you use, the less water you will need.
Step 5: Cooking the Tajine.Tajine made from heat-resistant materials, so it is suitable for open fire, oven, gas and electric stove. Close the lid tightly and over high heat bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a minimum and leave to languish for 3 hours.
Step 6: Serve the tajine.After the time has passed, turn off the heat and leave it on for 15 minutes. Remove the lid already on the table, the smell will immediately spread throughout the room and spread an amazing aroma. Good appetite!
- - Please note: the lid should fit snugly to the bottom and during cooking, in no case do not open it (even for testing)!
- - In recipes where potatoes are used, stack foods so that the tomatoes do not touch him, otherwise he will remain hard.
- - You can use coriander and finely grated ginger.
- - Do not be afraid to use onions, in tazhin it boils, turning into sauce.