Ingredients for making puff pastry "Ears"
- Puff pastry 500 gr.
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon to taste
- Vegetable oil for baking.
- Main Ingredients Puff Pastry, Sugar
- Serving 10 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Rolling pin, Cutting board, Knife, Parchment paper, Baking sheet
Cooking puff pastry "Ears":
Step 1: take the puff pastry.For puff pastry "Ears" we take finished puff pastry. If you have free time and desire, you can do it yourself. But if you at least once tried to cook it at home, you will agree that this is complicated. Although the recipe is quite simple, but the cooking process itself is just lengthy and time-consuming. When choosing puff pastry, inspect the packaging - this is its only protection, so be sure to check its tightness, if the bag has even a small hole, do not take such a product. Such puff pastry has most likely already lost its properties.
Step 2: roll out the puff pastry.
Step 3: chop the dough.The resulting roll is cut with a knife into strips of thickness 1-1.5 cm. Then we cover the baking sheet with parchment paper so that the cookies do not burn due to sugar, which will leak when heated.
Step 4: bake puff pastry.Put the "ears" on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at a temperature 180 degrees until golden brown. Puff pastry "Ears" is ready!
Step 5: serve the Ears puff pastry.We put the cookies on a plate and serve crispy and tasty "Ears" for tea or coffee. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you add a little sugar and butter between the layers, making puff pastry, then you will improve the taste of cookies. If you don’t like caramel crust, sprinkle the finished cookies with powdered sugar through a strainer or put on each piece of jam or marmalade.
- - It is recommended to roll puff pastry in only one direction, and the rolled dough sheet should not be very thin.
- - The baking sheet on which puff pastry products are baked is not recommended to be greased with fat, just rinse it with cold water.
- - Baking from puff pastry turns out to be tasty and crisp, if the dough is fresh, due to long-term storage the dough can get an unpleasant taste.
- - If, when baking products from puff pastry, you cut a rolled seam with a knife into rectangular pieces, then there will be no scraps that roll out very badly the second time.
- - Puff pastry should be cut only with a sharp knife or dough cutter. Since a blunt knife flattenes the edges of the dough, because of this, the dough is poorly stratified during baking.
- - If you do not open the oven in the first 5 - 7 minutes of baking, then the puff pastry will increase in volume by 6 - 8 times.